What is Bluetooth®? Why is Bluetooth® important?
Bluetooth® uses radio waves instead of wires to connect your compatible mobile device to your new Toyota vehicle. A Bluetooth® system helps drivers stay focused on the road, while giving them the capability to place calls and stream music through the vehicle’s speakers. With Bluetooth® there are four functions that are accessible to you Toyota.
Phone Pairing: Pairing the smartphone is the first step in connecting with the Toyota vehicle for hands-free calling and for audio streaming via Bluetooth®.
Hands-Free Calling: With a paired compatible Bluetooth® mobile phone and available Toyota multimedia system, simply press the voice command button on the steering wheel to easily make hands-free calls via voice recognition.
Access the Smartphone's Phonebook: Using the touch screen and paired compatible Bluetooth® mobile phone, browse contacts, place calls and even navigate to contacts' addresses all without touching the smartphone.
Music Streaming: Does the smartphone have an MP3/WMA player? With Bluetooth® streaming audio, listening to music through the vehicle's speakers wirelessly is easy.
Bluetooth® Pairing Instructions:
Turn ON Bluetooth® on smartphone
- Access smartphone's SETTINGS on the phone
- Select BLUETOOTH and ensure that it is turned on
- The phone will seek out Bluetooth® devices while remaining discoverable
Initiate Bluetooth® on the Entune™ Multimedia System
- While the smartphone is seeking out Bluetooth® devices, proceed to the Entune™ Multimedia System on the Toyota vehicle
- Press SETUP button on the multimedia system faceplate
- Select BLUETOOTH
- Select ADD, to add the smartphone
Add the Toyota vehicle to the smartphone
- Back on the smartphone, you can now select the TOYOTA VEHICLE in Bluetooth® Settings
- Tip: You may need to enter the provided Bluetooth® PIN on the smartphone
- The Entune™ Multimedia System will confirm that the smartphone is now paired with Entune™
Enable access to contacts and messaging
- Once paired, Entune™ will attempt to connect audio and contacts on the smartphone
- Using the smartphone, you may need to allow Entune™ access to messaging and contacts by turning on SHOW NOTIFICATIONS for iOS (iPhone) and accepting MAP (Message Access Profile) and Contacts requests for Android phones
- A confirmation will appear that the smartphone has been paired and connected