New Toyota Camry Verses New Nissan Altima
Discover why the new Toyota Camry is the right choice for mid-size sedan shoppers.
The 2017 Toyota Camry offers an award winning reputation for quality, premium safety, and an overall bold experience that leaves the competition in its exhaust!
Toyota Camry Awards:
- 2016 Toyota Camry Is an IIHS TSP+ With Optional Front Crash Prevention (1)
- 2017 Toyota Camry Received the NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating (2)
- Over 90% of All Toyota Camrys Sold Over the Last Ten Years Are Still on the Road Today (3)
- 2016 Toyota Camry Was Ranked #1 on the 2016 American-Made Index by Cars.com (4)
- 2016 Toyota Camry Was Named a Best Midsize Car for the Money by U.S. News & World Report (5)
- 2016 Toyota Camry Was Named an Edmunds.com Best Retained Value® Vehicle Winner (6)
- 2016 Toyota Camry Was Named a SmartChoice Maintenance Costs Winner by IntelliChoice (7)
Committed to Safety:
Starting in 2018, the Camry will come with a new standard feature: Toyota Safety Sense. Toyota Safety Sense™ (TSS) represents the latest milestone in Toyota’s history of creating advancements and innovations in safety that help mitigate and prevent crashes and protect people in certain conditions. (8)
The Camry XLE trim level offers an optional Safety Connect feature. With the touch of a button, Toyota’s Safety Connect get drivers in touch with the Safety Connect Response Center to help them after an accident has occurred. (9) The four features that are included in Safety Connect are emergency assistance, stolen vehicle locator, roadside assistance, and automatic collision notification. The Nissan Altima does not have a comparable GPS response system, only a navigation computer.
Plus, the Camry will help you see clearly in Wisconsin’s winter weather. Standard on all Camry trim levels, the outside mirrors include heating elements to clear off the mirrors for better visibility. If you want this feature on a Nissan Altima it cost extra, and is not offered on the Altima Sedan Base/S.
With the purchase or lease price of ANY Toyota, clients receive ToyotaCare. ToyotaCare is a no cost maintenance plan for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. 24- hour roadside assistance in also included for 2 years, regardless of mileage. (10) Nissan does not provide a complimentary maintenance plan. Moreover, there are 15% more Toyota dealers nationwide than Nissan dealers.
Per J.D. Power and Associates’ 2016 Initial Quality Study statistics, Toyota vehicles are better in initial quality than Nissan. Toyota out-ranked every vehicle in its segment. (11)
Power and Performance:
The Nissan Altima has a 550-amp battery, thus is not as powerful as the Toyota Camry with a 582-amp battery. The Camry XLE/ XSE trims equipped with the 3.5 DOHC V6 engine produce 89 more horsepower (268 vs. 179) and 71 lbs.-ft. more torque (248 vs. 177) than the Altima Sedan 2.5’s standard 2.5 DOHC 4-cylinder.
Convenience at Your Fingertips:
Camry is packed with advanced technology like Qi-compatible wireless smartphone charging standard on all XSE and XLE models and available on SE Hybrid. First in its class to offer wireless charging, Camry continues to raise the bar for midsize sedans. Also, each Camry comes well-equipped with Entune™ Audio, featuring a 6.1-in. or 7-in. touch-screen display with backup camera, USB ports, and Bluetooth, all standard.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety rating for 2016 Camry, vehicle class Midsize Moderately Priced Cars. For more details on 2016 Top Safety Pick Plus Awards, see www.iihs.org. Applies to Camry models when equipped with Pre-Collision System (PCS).
- Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’S) New Car Assessment Program (safecar.gov)
- Based on HIS Market Vehicles in Operation as of July 2016 for Model Years 2007-2016 vs. Total New Registrations for those vehicles.
- For more information about the 2016 American-Made Index, visit cars.com
- View U.S. News Best Cars at http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/Toyota_Camry/
- For more information about the 2016 an Edmunds.com Best Retained Value® Vehicle Winner criteria, visit Edmunds.com
- 2016 IntelliChoice, intelliChoice.com; Passenger Car, 4-Cyl. Models only. Based on 2016 model year study.
- Drivers should always be responsible for their own safe driving. Please always pay attention to your surroundings and drive safely. Depending on the conditions of roads, vehicles, and weather, etc., the system(s) may not work as intended. See Owner’s Manual for details.
- Contact with the Safety Connect response center is dependent upon the telematics device being in operative condition, cellular connection availability, navigation map data and GPS satellite signal reception, which can limit the ability to reach the response center or receive emergency service support. Enrollment and Telematics Subscription service requited. A variety of subscription terms are available; charges vary by subscription term selected.
- ToyotaCare covers normal factory scheduled service for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. 24-hour roadside assistance is also included for 2 years and unlimited miles. See Toyota dealer for details and exclusions. Valid only in the continental U.S. and Alaska. Prius, Prius Plug-in Hybrid, and Prius Prime comes with an extra year of roadside assistance, for a total of 3 years from date of purchase.
- For more information, visit: http://www.jdpower.com/cars/study/2016-Initial-Quality-Study-%28IQS%29-by-Category/1221ENG/Midsize-Car/1039