Toyota Safety Sense Is Standard On 13 Toyota Models
With Safety Sense, you’re not alone on the road.
We’ve got your back when it comes to safety. Loaded with advanced features, Toyota Safety Sense ™ P (TSS-P)1 takes extra caution to the road. This package of safety tools is designed to be your extra set of eyes and ears when you need it most. So whether you’re taking spring break at a sleepy shore or zipping through crowded city streets, you can count on it to help make the road a safer place.
Toyota Safety Sense ™ even comes standard on thirteen of Toyota’s 2017 models
Adventure on with the assistance of TSS-P features like Lane Departure Alert,2 which is designed to indicate when you’re starting to veer from your lane, and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control,3 designed to maintain a safe distance behind other vehicles through a millimeter-wave radar and an in-vehicle camera. Find yourself driving along a dark country road? Let the friendly Automatic High Beams4flip on to lead the way.
TSS-P will also help you avoid catastrophe, with its intuitive Pre-Collision System5 with Pedestrian Detection.6 If there’s an impending accident, you might get audio and visual alerts. If the threat persists, Brake Assist7 can be activated to help stop you in your tracks.
There are many unknowns when you’re on the road. The extra assurance of Toyota Safety Sense ™ can give you more peace of mind – which goes a long way on road trips afar. Every fun getaway should be first and foremost a safe one. TSS-P is there to help make sure of it.
Have a fearless spring retreat with Toyota Safety Sense ™ P.
Prototype shown with options. Production model may vary.
- Drivers should always be responsible for their own safe driving. Please always pay attention to your surroundings and drive safely. Depending on the conditions of roads, vehicles, weather, etc., the system(s) may not work as intended. See Owner’s Manual for details.
- Toyota Safety Sense Lane Departure Alert is designed to read lane markers under certain conditions, and provide visual and audible alerts when lane departure is detected. It is not a collision-avoidance system or a substitute for safe and attentive driving. Effectiveness is dependent on road, weather and vehicle conditions. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control is designed to assist the driver and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving practices. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as weather, traffic and road conditions. See Owner’s Manual for details.
- Automatic High Beams operate at speeds above 25 mph. Factors such as a dirty windshield, weather, lighting and terrain limit effectiveness, requiring the driver to manually operate the high beams. See Owner’s Manual for details.
- The TSS Pre-Collision System is designed to help avoid or reduce the crash speed and damage in certain frontal collisions only. It is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, driver input and road conditions. See Owner’s Manual for details.
- The Pedestrian Detection system is designed to detect a pedestrian ahead of the vehicle, determine if impact is imminent and help reduce impact speed. It is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, size and position of pedestrians, driver input and weather, light and road conditions. See Owner’s Manual for details.
- Brake Assist is designed to help the driver take full advantage of the benefits of ABS. It is not a substitute for safe driving practices. Braking effectiveness also depends on proper vehicle maintenance, and tire and road conditions. See Owner’s Manual for additional limitations and details.