Go Further And Do More In A New RAV4 From Andrew Toyota!
The 2017 RAV4 is a successful combination of versatility, style and technology. Add in the new standard safety tech, as well as the Hybrid SE and Limited Platinum Grades, and you have the perfect vehicle for your next adventure.
Toyota RAV4 Awards
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 Is an IIHS Top Safety Pick+ When Equipped With LED Headlights (1)
- 2017 Toyota RAV4 Received the NHTSA 5-Star Overall Safety Rating (2)
- Over 90% of RAV4s Sold in the Last Ten Years Are Still on the Road Today (3)
- 2016 RAV4 Hybrid Was Names a Best Hybrid SUV for the Money by U.S. News And World Report (4)
- 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Was Named a SmartChoice Operating Costs Winner by IntelliChoice (5)
- 2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Was Named a SmartChoice Fuel Costs Winner by IntelliChoice (6)
What Is New On The 2017 RAV4?
New Trim Levels: Starting in 2017, the RAV4 has a SE Hybrid trim level that comes with standard Electronic On-Demand AWD with intelligence (AWD-i) and the standard suspension (NOT the SE sport-tunes suspension. There is also a new Limited Platinum trim that is only available in the gas model and not available as a hybrid. The Limited Platinum trim options offers full body color, a 5-door Smart Key System (7), height adjusted foot activated power liftgate with jam protection, and Platinum badging. Plus, the interior of the Limited Platinum trim has Entune™ Premium JBL® Audio with Integrated Navigation (8) and App Suite, Ambient footwell lighting, heated steering wheel, Bird's Eye View Camera with Perimeter Scan, Platinum door-sill protectors, Platinum floor mats (plush), and Platinum interior ornamentation/trim on shifter plate and door control bezels.
New Exterior Features: In the front of the SE gas and hybrid trims the front bumper and grill have been redesigned for a “truck-like” feel. There are also new exterior colors available: Galactic Aqua Mica and Classic Silver Metallic for Hybrid trims. Plus, the height-adjustable power liftgate with memory and jam protection was is available on XLE gas and XLE hybrid trim levels.
New Interior Features: The LE trims now have a larger instrument cluster mounted at 4.2 inches with a full-color TFT Multi-Information Display.
New Safety and Convenience Highlights: Toyota Safety Sense™ P is now standard for all Gas and Hybrid RAV4s. This includes Pre-Collision System (PCS) with Pedestrian Detection function (PCS w/PD), Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist function (LDA w/SA), Auto High Beams (AHB) and Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC). (9)
2017 RAV4 Performance Facts
- Front-Wheel Drive with Auto LSD is standard on Conventional models.
- Dynamic Torque Control AWD is available on Conventional models.
- Electronic On-Demand AWD with intelligence (AWD-i) is standard on Hybrid models.
- The engine is a conventional 2.5L16-valve DOHC 4-cylinder with Dual Variable Valve Timing with intelligence (Dual VVT-i) (2AR-FE).
- The RAV4’s engine horsepower is 176 hp at 6,000 rpm.
- The RAV4’s engine torque is 172 lb-ft at 4,100 rpm.
- The RAV4 Hybrid is the only SUV in its segment that has a 2.5-liter 4-cylinder DOHC 16-valve with VVT-I engine.
- The RAV4 Hybrid System’s Net Horsepower is at 194 hp.
- The RAV4 Gas offers a 6-speed Electronically Controlled automatic Transmission with intelligence (ECT-i) featuring multi-mode technology with S (Sport) position for manual-like shift control.
- The RAV4 Hybrid provides an electronically controlled Continuously Variable Transmission (ECVT) with sequential shift mode
- The RAV4 Gas gets an estimated 23 City/ 30 Highway mpg. (10)
- The RAV4 Hybrid gets an estimated 34 City/ 30 Highway mpg. (11)
- The RAV4 towing capacities are as follows per trim level, LE: 1,500 lbs, XLE: 1,500 lbs, and XLE Hybrid: 1,750 lbs. (12)
(1) Visit http://www.iihs.org/iihs/ratings for more information.
(2) Government 5-Star Safety Ratings are part of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s (NHTSA’s) New Car Assessment Program (www.safecar.gov).
(3) Based on HIS Market Vehicles In Operation as of July 2016 for Model Years 2007-2016 vs. Total New Registrations for those vehicles.
(4) View U.S. New Best Cars at www.usnew.com/cars
(5) Visit http://www.motortrend.com/intellichoice/ for more information.
(6) Visit http://www.motortrend.com/intellichoice/ for more information.
(7) The Smart Key system may interfere with some pacemakers or cardiac defibrillators. If you have one of these medical devices, please talk to your doctor to see if you should deactivate this system.
(8) Availability & accuracy of the information provided by the navigation system is dependent upon many factors. Use common sense when relying on information provided. Services & programming subject to change. Services not available in every city or roadway. Updates may be available from your dealer at an additional cost. See Owner's Manual for details.
(9) Drivers should always be responsible for their own safe driving. Please always pay attention to your surroundings and drive safely. Depending on the conditions of roads, vehicles, and weather, etc., the system(s) may not work as intended. See Owner's Manual for details. The TSS Pre-Collision System is designed to help avoid or reduce the crash speed and damage in certain frontal collisions only. It is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, driver input and road conditions. See Owner's Manual for details. The Pedestrian Detection System, is designed to detect a pedestrian ahead of the vehicle, determine if impact is imminent and help reduce impact speed. It is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as speed, size and position of pedestrians, driver input and weather, light and road conditions. See Owner's Manual for details. Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist is designed to read lane markers under certain conditions. It provides a visual and audible alert and slight steering force when lane departure is detected. It is not a collision-avoidance system or a substitute for safe and attentive driving. Effectiveness depends on many factors. See Owner's Manual for details. Automatic high beams operate at speeds above 25 mph. Factors such as dirty windshield, weather, lighting & terrain limit effectiveness requiring driver to manually operate the high beams. See Owner's Manual for details. Dynamic Rader Cruise Control is designed to assist the driver and is not a substitute for safe and attentive driving practices. System effectiveness depends on many factors, such as weather, traffic and road conditions. See Owner's Manual for details.
(10) 2017 EPA- estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.
(11) 2017 EPA- estimated mileage. Actual mileage will vary.
(12) Before towing, confirm your vehicle and trailer are compatible, hooked up and loaded properly and that you have the necessary additional equipment. Do not exceed any Weight Ratings and follow ALL instructions in your Owner’s Manual. The maximum you can tow depends on base curb weight plus the total weight of any cargo, occupants, and added vehicle equipment.